Level II and III, Fort Lauderdale
October 8th-14th, 2017
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$1,200 (US Currency) There is a $200.00 discount if pre-paid by August 15th.
Returning Level II and III graduates participate at half-price; $600.00!
Must Already be a 200 Hr. Certified Instructor
Earn your certification to teach The Barkan Method Hot Vinyasa Flow, if you’re already a 200-hour certified Teacher in the Barkan Method or a similar style of Hot Yoga. Learn and Practice advanced hot yoga postures from our sacred lineage in Calcutta, India. Participants must mail in a copy of their 200-hour teacher training certification.
For Advanced Students who are not Certified Teachers
Participate in the program as an advanced student and take your practice to the next level practicing Hot Vinyasa and advanced hot yoga postures from our sacred lineage in Calcutta, India. Participants must mail in a letter of recommendation from a 200-hour Yoga Teacher. For advanced practitioners only. Please note: You will not receive a certification to teach The Barkan Method Hot Vinyasa Flow in Option #2. Participants in Option #2 will receive a Letter of Completion.
History of Yoga
- Practice and learn to instruct Jimmy’s new “Hot Vinyasa Flow”
- Daily practice of advanced Hot Yoga Asanas.
- Learn advanced hands-on teaching techniques and skills.
- Explore in depth the history and philosophy of Yoga
- Learn about our lineage from Calcutta, India (Hot Yoga).
7:15-7:45am – Sun-salutations on the beach/morning meditation
8:00-9:30am – Hot Vinyasa Yoga Class/Level I
12:00-3:00pm Posture/Teacher Clinics
3:30-5:00pm – Hot Vinyasa Yoga Class/Level II
7:00-8:00pm Satsung on History & Philosophy
7:15-7:45am – Sun-Salutations on the beach/ morning meditation
8:00-9:30am – Hot Vinyasa Yoga Class/Test
12:00-2:00pm – Posture/Teacher Clinic
Orientation and Graduation
Orientation Sunday, October 9th and Graduation Saturday, October, 15th.
Dates & times always subject to change.
- Barkan Method Hot Yoga DVD
- The Yoga Tradition: Its History, Literature, Philosophy and Practice
- The Encyclopedia of Yoga and Tantra
- Autobiography of a Yogi: with bonus CD
- The Key Muscles of Yoga
- The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga
- Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing
- Journey to the Heart: Daily Meditations on the Path to Freeing Your Soul
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga: A Manual for Students, Teachers, and Practitioners
- Light on Yoga: The Bible of Modern Yoga
- Tantra: Path of Ecstasy
- Anatomy for Yoga with Paul Grilley
- Certified yoga intstructor from a 200-hour Teacher Training in the Barkan Method or a similar style of Hot Yoga OR an advanced student with a letter of recommendation from a certifed teacher.
- One year minimun yoga practice.
- Must be 21 years or older unless highly recommended by a certified yoga teacher.
The Training will take place at The Ocean Sky Resort: 4060 Galt Ocean Dr. Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308.
A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due immediately to hold your room. Full payment is due on September 1st, 2016. Refunds are not available within three weeks of the training.
Please note, if you decide within four weeks of the training to stay at the hotel, we cannot guarantee double occupancy.
Pricing for Level II/III 2016 Housing: $450.00 Double Occupancy, $900.00 Single Occupancy. Price Includes Tax & Resort Fee.
- Sticky Mat
- Writing materials – 3×5 Notecards, Highlighter, Pens, Legal Pad
- Stamps, Postcards
- Mug, Travel Cup
- Alarm Clock
- Bathing Suit, Sunscreen, Bug Spray
- If you are staying at the Hotel then Beach towels are provided by Hotel
- Meditation Pillow/Blanket (Optional)
All applications will be personally reviewed by Jimmy. Upon acceptance to the training we will send you an email confirmation and require a $500 non-refundable deposit. Submitting your application shows you have read and agree to all the requirements for the program. You will not officially be enrolled until we receive your deposit, and a letter of recommendation from a certified yoga instructor.Full tuition is due four weeks before the training. We are unable to offer refunds within three weeks of the training.Curriculum: You must meet all of the application requirements and fully participate in each and every aspect of the training. All participants are required to be on time, attend every class and event with an open mind and open heart.Continuing Education: Continuing education is an important aspect in any career. It keeps you up to date and refreshed. You will inspire your students as well as yourself when you continue to grow and learn. Graduates will be required to submit a renewal application by the 31st of July of every two years along with a $25 annual processing fee.
Level I and Level II Continuing Education Requirements
In order to keep your Barkan Method Certification current all graduates are required to participate in one CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAM at least every other year. The program must be conducted by Jimmy. Regular classes with Jimmy do not count towards your continuing education requirements. The required programs include posture and teacher clinics. The most important and effective continuing education programs are the Level II/III Teacher Trainings. We recommend that you participate in one Level II program per year. Returning graduates of Level II training participate at half price.
Re-visiting at least 2 posture clinics with Jimmy Barkan (or a total of 4 hours at the Level I Training Posture Clinics) will also count and your participation is always welcome and free of charge. Graduates are required to make a reservation in advance when they will be attending the Level I Clinics.
Hear From Past Trainees
“Jimmy, Thank you for the yoga knowledge, motivation and support. I am proud to know you and will forever be a part of my yoga voice. You are truly inspirational.”
“Jimmy, Thank you so much for sharing and teaching us and motivating us to be great hot yoga teachers! So grateful and excited to spread the knowledge and practice!”
“JimmyJi, Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity. I’ve enjoyed this experience and feel honored to have learned what I have from you. I appreciate your guidance and hope to make you proud in the yoga community.”