Do you feel like no matter what you do, you can’t push the boundaries to become a better runner? Are you sick of being stuck in that dreaded plateau? Have you considered practicing yoga? If not, maybe it is time that you did! Hot yoga is a wonderful thing for all athletes, but especially for runners. The following is a list of the top 5 ways that attending our hot yoga classes in Ft. Lauderdale can make you a better runner:
- It teaches you to breathe- Yoga teaches you how to breathe deeply and correctly, which will allow you to increase the amount of oxygen you get with each breath. Breathing this way will help your body to manage the intensity of the workout more effectively.
- It builds inner strength- When you practice yoga, you will push past boundaries that you never thought you could overcome, which teaches you confidence. That confidence will give you the strength to keep going, even when your brain is telling you to give up.
- It improves your strength and stamina- When you run, you only utilize a few specific muscles. Yoga helps to make your entire body strong, which leads to increased body control, improved range of motion, and a lot more energy.
- It helps to prevent injury- Yoga can improve your body’s alignment, builds your mental awareness, and increases your strength and flexibility –all of which can help to prevent injury while you are running.
- It helps you to recharge- In order for you to give it your all every time you run, you have to be able to recover in between your runs. Yoga helps you to relax, improves your sleep, lessens physical tension, clears your mind, and reduces your fatigue!
Start reaping the many benefits of yoga by signing up today!