Level I, Australia
Australia Teacher Training Details
Thank you for your interest in the Barkan Method 200 Hour Hot Yoga Teacher Training, recognized by the Yoga Alliance. The Level I teacher training will be a transformational experience in your own practice as well as in the instruction of others. Jimmy Barkan has been certifying Yoga Teachers since 1986. His extensive experience is what separates & distinguishes The Barkan Method Teacher Trainings!!
Teaching yoga teachers is something we can not take for granted. It is a responsibility that can not be taken lightly. There are too many teacher trainings programs out today lead by instructors with limited experience. This is what sets The Barkan Method apart. Jimmy has been practicing since 1980, was the only teacher allowed to certify Bikram Yoga Teachers besides Bikram! Jimmy started his own style of Hot Yoga called The Barkan Method back in 2002 and began his very own teacher training program after 22 years of teaching! Barkan has lead over 30 Level I and over 25 Level II/III teacher trainings with well over 1500 graduates who are now teaching all across the world.There are Barkan Method teachers and studios in: Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, Thailand, Hungary, Vienna, Switzerland, France, England, Iceland, Greenland, Norway, South America, Costa Rica and of course the United States!
March 5 – March 24 2018
Pure Hot Yoga
1/753 Mountain Hwy
Bayswater, Victoria 3153
Please note: There is a $300 discount if you pre-pay the entire amount of $4800.00 (Australian dollars) by November 30th!
History of Yoga
Patanjali’s 8 Limb Path
- Integrating the 7 Chakra’s into your yoga practice and teaching
- Crown Chakra
- Third Eye Chakra
- Throat Chakra
- Heart Chakra
- Solar Plexus Chakra
- Sacral Chakra
- Root Chakra
- Voice projection: Using the voice to inspire and direct energy
- How to encourage and correct
- Anatomy and physiology
- Student-Teacher relationship: How to connect with all students
- Business: Learning to start and build a successful Yoga school
- Sanskrit: Discover the linguistic roots of Yoga
Trainees will undergo individual evaluations throughout the training.
- Barkan Method Hot Yoga DVD
- The Yoga Tradition: Its History, Literature, Philosophy and Practice
- The Encyclopedia of Yoga and Tantra
- Autobiography of a Yogi: with bonus CD
- The Key Muscles of Yoga
- The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga
- Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing
- Journey to the Heart: Daily Meditations on the Path to Freeing Your Soul
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga: A Manual for Students, Teachers, and Practitioners
- Light on Yoga: The Bible of Modern Yoga
- Tantra: Path of Ecstasy
- Anatomy for Yoga with Paul Grilley
- Six Month Consistent Yoga Practice
- Letter of Recommendation from a Certified Yoga Teacher
- Participants must be 21 years or older and be in good physical condition
- Sticky Mat
- Writing materials – 3×5 Notecards, Highlighter, Pens, Legal Pad
- Stamps, Postcards
- Mug, Travel Cup
- Alarm Clock
- Bathing Suit, Sunscreen, Bug Spray
- Beach towels are provided by Hotel
- Meditaion Pillow/Blanket (Optional)
All applications will be personally reviewed by Jimmy. Upon acceptance to the training we will send you an email confirmation and require a $500 non-refundable deposit. Submitting your application shows you have read and agree to all the requirements for the program. You will not officially be enrolled until we receive your deposit, and a letter of recommendation from a certified yoga instructor.Full tuition is due four weeks before the training. We are unable to offer refunds within three weeks of the training.Curriculum: You must meet all of the application requirements and fully participate in each and every aspect of the training. All participants are required to be on time, attend every class and event with an open mind and open heart.Continuing Education: Continuing education is an important aspect in any career. It keeps you up to date and refreshed. You will inspire your students as well as yourself when you continue to grow and learn. Graduates will be required to submit a renewal application by the 31st of July of every two years along with a $25 annual processing fee.
Level I and Level II Continuing Education Requirements
In order to keep your Barkan Method Certification current all graduates are required to participate in one CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAM at least every other year. The program must be conducted by Jimmy. Regular classes with Jimmy do not count towards your continuing education requirements. The required programs include posture and teacher clinics. The most important and effective continuing education programs are the Level II/III Teacher Trainings. We recommend that you participate in one Level II program per year. Returning graduates of Level II training participate at half price.
Re-visiting at least 2 posture clinics with Jimmy Barkan (or a total of 4 hours at the Level I Training Posture Clinics) will also count and your participation is always welcome and free of charge. Graduates are required to make a reservation in advance when they will be attending the Level I Clinics.